- Chicken stock- 6 cup
- Lemon grass- 3 pieces
- Green chili-3/4
- Mushroom-1/2 cup
- Shrimp-10-12 count or chicken breast(cut in cube size)-1/2 cup
- Egg yolk-3
- Corn starch- 3 Tbs
- Sugar-5 ts
- Vinegar- 3 Tbs
- Ketchup-3 Tbs
- Chili sauce/chili garlic sauce-2 Tbs
- Salt-1 ts
- Take the chicken stock in a sauce pan and bring it to a boil,then add lemon grass, mushroom, green chili and if you are using chicken breast add it and keep it in a lower medium heat to boil.
- In the mean time beat the egg yolk, then add the corn starch and mix it smoothly with egg yolk and set it aside.
- Then add sugar, vinegar, ketchup, chili sauce, salt in the stock and stir it well.
- Now take the egg yolk mix and add 5-6 Tbs stock from the saucepan and mix it smoothly with egg yolk. (it is important to do so because this will help to adjust the temperature of egg yolk mixture; otherwise when you add this into the soup it may get clotted and your soup may not be smooth). Then stir the soup in one hand and carefully add the yolk mixture with other hand. Stir the soup continuously to make it smooth. When it is done add the shrimp, bring the soup to boil and then turn off the heat.
- Serve your soup hot.